Pet Sitting Policies
A consultation is conducted for all new Clients prior to the start of service. This consult allows us to become familiar with you and your pets as well as to set up your customized pet sitting service. We ask that you have the required forms filled out to the best of your ability prior to our arrival so we can review them together. Please allow at least 30 minutes for the initial consultation, which enables us to:
- Meet you and your pets
- Review the Client Service Agreement, Veterinary Release and Pet information sheets
- Get detailed information about caring for your pets and your home
- Review policies and services
- Arrange your pet sitting schedule and services needed
- Pick up a house key
Consultation fee is $20 due at the time of the consultation. If our pet care contract is completed and services scheduled within 60 days from the date of the consultation the $20.00 will be credited on your service invoice.
This initial consultation also enables you to meet us and ask any questions you may have about the services provided. At the end of the consult, you will provide us with a key to your home and make payment arrangements. There is an additional fee of $15.00 if we have to make a return visit for the forms and/or key.
Shannon’s Pet-Sitting will collect a key to the client’s home during the initial consultation. A key is requested in addition to keyless entry methods in case the power goes out or the batteries should fail. It is suggested that the client allow us to retain the key safely in our possession in a secured lock box for future pet sitting needs.
If it is requested the key be returned to Client, it can left inside the locked secured home when we leave the premises (after a scheduled sit) or it will be sent certified mail. Since we do not have a store front, for the privacy & security of our own homes we do not allow pet owners to come to us to pick up or drop off keys.
There will be a $15 service charge for each time we have to make a trip to client’s home to pick up the key & $10 will be charged for the cost of returning keys certified mail.
There are many different factors involved when it comes to a pets care. To avoid unforeseen incidents we have minimum visit limits. Certain pets can be left alone longer than others. The pets safety & well being is always our top priority. We are always happy to make more than the minimum amount of visits. It depends on whatever the pet owner is comfortable with. These depend on each individual situation. We will make recommendations if we feel more visits are necessary. Please keep in mind that we are not a daily dog walking or day trip service. We provide vacation & out of town care for pet owners who will be out of town for extended periods of time.
• Dogs – 2 visits per day
• Cats – * Under 7 years old & No Medical Issues – Once Every Other Day
* Over 7 years old or Any Medical Issues – Once per day
• Small Animals (Ferrets, Guinea pigs, Hamsters etc.) – Once a day
• Birds – Once a day
• Reptiles – * Under 1 years old – Once a Day
* Over 1 years old – Once every other day
• Fish – Every 3 days
Since we are not a daily dog walking or day trip service our cancellation policy tends to differ from other service providers. We provide vacation & out of town care for pet owners who will be out of town for extended periods of time. Therefore we book for extended periods of time about 30 days in advance or more.
- Cancellations made less than 7 days before departure date payment in full is due.
- Visits booked less than 7 days from departure date & cancelled will not be refunded.
- Scheduled Visits cut short while in progress, payment for scheduled care will not be refunded.
Payment for your pet sitting services is due before or at the time of your first scheduled visit.
We accept Cash, Check & all major Credit Cards
Please make checks payable to: Shannon’s Pet-Sitting
Client understands and agrees that by leaving their pet(s) in my care that we have relied on Client’s representations that their pet(s) has/have been vaccinated and is/are in good health. Client agrees to keep their pet(s) current on ALL vet recommended vaccinations as long as Client is receiving services from me. (These requirements may be waived upon written recommendation from a pet’s veterinarian.) Client further acknowledges that any history or tendency by their pet(s) towards straying, fighting, biting, destructive behavior, or property damage has been fully disclosed to us.
All dog owners must provide documentation of current rabies vaccination for their pets at the initial consultation.
As per Lake, Cook, Kane & Dupage County Animal Ordinance:
§ 8. Every owner of a dog or cat four months or more of age shall cause such dog or cat to be inoculated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian.Every dog or cat shall have a second rabies vaccination within one year of the first vaccination andevery year thereafter. However, if the vaccine used is one recognized by the Illinois Department of Agriculture for a three year period of immunity, and the dog or cat is over twelve (12) months of age at the time of inoculation, the interval between inoculations may be extended to three (3) years. Evidence of such rabies inoculation shall be entered on a certificate the form of which shall be approved by the Board and which shall be signed by the licensed veterinarian administering the vaccine.
PET SITTING CLIENT POLICIES & WAIVERS AS STATED ON OUR PET SITTING CONTRACT
- Shannon’s Pet Sitting hourly rate is $40/hour or $20/30 minutes (does not apply to Overnight Service)
- Payment of PayPal, Credit Card, Cash or Check is due in full before or at the time of your first scheduled visit..
- The consultation fee is $20.00 due at the time of the consultation and is non-refundable. If the pet care contract is completed and services scheduled within 60 days from the date of the consultation the $20.00 will be credited on your service invoice. Any visits thereafter are subject to the regular fee of $20.00.
- All key pick up visits are $15.00.
- If it is requested the key be returned to Client, it be sent certified mail for a $10.00 fee
- Client acknowledges Shannon’s Pet Sitting is not a daily dog walking or day trip service. They provide vacation & out of town care for pet owners who will be out of town for extended periods of time. Client therefore understands Shannon’s Pet Sitting’s cancellation policy tends to differ from other pet service providers.
- Cancellations made less than 7 days before departure date payment in full is required.
- Scheduled visits booked less than 7 days from departure date & cancelled will not be refunded.
- Scheduled visits cut short while in progress, payment for schedule care will not be refunded.
- Any additional time incurred by Shannon’s Pet Sitting while caring for your pet beyond the contracted visit length will be charged and is to be reimbursed upon the pet owner’s return.
- Visits cancelled due to bad weather will not be refunded.
- Any cost incurred by Shannon’s Pet Sitting while caring for your pet (ie food, medication, cleaning supplies etc.) is to be reimbursed upon the pet owner’s return.
- Client understands and agrees that by leaving their pet(s) in my care that I have relied on Client’s representations that their pet(s) has/have been vaccinated and is/are in good health. Client agrees to keep their pet(s) current on ALL vet recommended vaccinations as long as Client is receiving services from me. Client further acknowledges that any history or tendency by their pet(s) towards straying, fighting, biting, destructive behavior, or property damage has been fully disclosed to me.
- In the event of bad weather, if Shannon’s Pet Sitting is physically unable to reach your home due to impassable roads, Shannon’s Pet Sitting will contact you to make provisions or arrangements for your pet(s) to ensure their well being. This may be contacting your “Bad Weather Emergency Contact”, requesting to stay with your pet(s) until the roads are clear, or leaving out extra food & water until a pet sitter can return to care for them. Shannon’s Pet Sitting will contact you as soon as possible to keep you informed of these events. The length of visits may also be cut short due to bad weather to get our pet sitters off the roads and home safe as soon as possible.
- Shannon’s Pet Sitting does not plow, snow blow, or shovel driveways & walkways. If the client’s complex or subdivision DOES NOT have snow removal service the client is responsible for making arrangements for a neighbor, friend, family member or to hire a professional service to clear their driveway and walkways when there is 2 inches or more of snow. If Shannon’s Pet Sitting gets stuck in a driveway due to lack of snow removal the client is responsible for payment of the tow bill to get the Shannon’s Pet Sitting vehicle out of the driveway.
- If a property owner fails to take reasonable steps to avoid hazards caused by adverse weather, it can result in a property owner’s liability. Client is responsible for providing snow removal service, leaving out Ice Melter/Salt while away and advising of any potentially hazardous areas. (It is recommended to use pet safe ice melter/salt.)
- Client acknowledges Shannon’s Pet Sitting is not able to participate in “shared” pet care. Meaning uninsured people or parties who do not permanently reside in the home coming into the pet owner’s home while the homeowners are away. Nobody other than Shannon’s Pet Sitting or another Bonded & Insured Pet Care Service should be entering the client’s home while Shannon’s Pet Sitting is contracted to care for their pets. Should another party outside of Shannon’s Pet Sitting or another Bonded & Insured Pet Care Service enter the client’s home, Shannon’s Pet Sitting is released of any and all liability.
- Client will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Shannon’s Pet Sitting pet sitter or other persons, by Client’s pet(s). Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Shannon’s Pet Sitting, the pet sitter, in the event of a claim by any person injured by Client’s pet(s). In the event that another animal is bit by Client’s pet(s) or exposed to any disease or ailment from Client’s pet(s), it will be Client’s responsibility to pay all medically related costs and damages incurred by the “Victim” pet(s) owners.
- Shannon’s Pet-Sitting is not responsible for damages or loss to your home beyond our control (i.e. leaks, electrical problems, acts of nature, burglary). In such situations Shannon Cole will contact the pet owner immediately before taking action to resolve the problem.
- Shannon’s Pet-Sitting is not liable for any damage done to the client’s home or personal property by their pet(s). In the event your pet(s) soils the carpet, floor or furniture Shannon’s Pet-Sitting will strive to clean the areas to the best of our abilities.
- If the client’s pet(s) use a “pet door” allowing free access outdoors, and the client requests it left open during our care, the client releases Shannon’s Pet Sitting from all liability if anything happens to the pet(s) when outdoors and/or when we are not on the premises.
- If a client’s pet(s) become ill while under my care, client authorizes Shannon’s Pet-Sitting to transport ill pet(s) to their veterinarian. Every effort will be made to contact client or client’s emergency contact to approve any emergency treatment recommended by the veterinarian (unless otherwise stated in the veterinary release form.) It is recommend that clients keep their credit card on file with their Vet should emergencies happen. Clients are responsible for payment of all medical bills.
- Clients are required to contact Shannon’s Pet-Sitting via phone or text message as soon as they arrive home so we know you are resuming responsibility for your pet(s). Doing so will avoid any additional charges for unnecessary visits to your home.
- Completion of this service agreement is a request for services, not a guarantee Shannon’s Pet-Sitting will be available for requested dates. Pet Care Service is provided on a first come first served basis. Reservations will be confirmed with a service invoice.